Wednesday, May 16, 2007

my guilty pleasure

Everyone has them- guilty pleasures. Something that makes you feel so good and bad at the same time.
I have quite a few of them:
1. Tanning -save the lecture... i am spanish and portugese and french-- my decendants are dark and fabulous...
2. Dark Chocolate, Milk chocolate, White chocolate, any chocolate bury me in chocolate....
3. Patty cake- this is like better than sex cake- you know that recipe that is floating around that always makes women drool just thinking about it-again the whole chocolate thing...
4. Massage- ok this is selfish but I workout every single day and teach at least 3-4 yoga classes a day so I am sore- this is just maintenance...
5. Sex- I dont think I need to explain further (this list is not in priority order obviously)
6. Red Wine- Merlot, Shiraz.... ahhh
7. Hot Hot Bubble Bath- no one in the house, staying in the tub till I am pruny.
8. Old music to bring back memories... you can only identify these as they pop up... for example watching The Departed on DVD and hearing "Comfortably Numb" -ok it was a re-make but it cause me to pause the movie and dig out my Pink Floyd The Wall cd and listening to it the last couple of days has made me smile and made me think about my old boyfriend and yeah it made me smile all day long.... A suggestion: rent Roll Bounce- it has all the great disco music you heard in roller rinks when you were a teenager- its a blast!
9. Workout- yeah that goes without saying- if you have gotten to know me its all about the endorphins.... gotta get my fix every day.
10. Workout- I know I already said that- okay I admit it I watch the show- on Bravo its the best reality show ever and its about working out. I wonder if skylab is hiring... hmmm
11.Flirting- I could devote an entire blog to this subject- maybe someday I will. I dont know where I heard it but someone once said "Flirting is the most fun a girl can have with her clothes on" ...agree.
12. A really good steak- I know I am a dedicated yogi but I also am a cardio girl who lifts weights- I need my protein!
13. clean crisp sheets- preferably after #7, #6, and #5 (in that order)

Well thats my list so far... This is an endless list to keep adding to...
so if you have a list to share, please do! I would love to hear what guilty pleasures we might share or maybe I can steal a few from your list....

be well... namaste... om
kk

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...
I believe we are one and the same.
I could have written that list!!
All of the above with exclamation marks!!
I can also add the very, very stinky and totally antisocial and horribly fattening Gorgonzola cheese. A good gorgonzola is a thing of beauty to me - combined with a hearty Shiraz or a delicious Merlot they are gifts from the Divine.
I too have dubious and distant French roots and this must surely be the giveaway!!

Another guilty pleasure is my love of boots. 35 pairs and counting...there is a problem there I do not wish to address...

Getting lost in the details: This is a guilty pleasure as it is one of my obsessions - being obsessional. I love tweaking and preening and pulling and poking something, because I can. There is the question of time - and that is the most delicious thing of all, isn't it, having the time. To do with as we will...ahh, luverly...
Your Spanish side would appreciate the delicious indolence of this proverb:
"How beautiful it is to do nothing and then rest afterwards."

While I prefer to be "busy", one of my guilty pleasures is having the time to do whatever I want slowly and properly...

Your heritage sounds positively dark and delicious like chocolat noir.

xox

jafabrit said...

what lovely guilty pleasures :)

Dwacon said...

I agree 100%... although I have no idea what patty cake is... but my buddy Greg makes "Smack Yo Mama Cake" and that is off the hizzook.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I love your candor. Your blog is a breath of fresh air, and you seem to write what you think...not as easy as it sounds!

John Wayne said, "Any woman that likes steak, is OK in my book"

Alright, I said that LOL :-)

Strait from Bloglog, Speedcat Hollydale