Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Deja Vu and other scary shit

Ever since I was young I have always had a strange sense of deja vu. The feeling of being someplace before, experiencing something before or knowing what was going to happen before it actually does. A connection with the great beyond if you will. It seems witchy and scary sometimes but I believe that some people have a more heightened awareness of intuition than others. I have always been one of them. Maybe it is that Cancerian moon goddess trait where we seem so in tune with the moon and the ocean, the tide and the weather. Whatever it is sometimes it scares the shit out of me.


Now I am not as strange as the kid from The Shining... he actually believed he could listen to and talk to some little boy named Tony that lived in his mouth. This mouth dweller told him things like "stay away from the hacked up kids that used to live at the Overlook Hotel" or "Your Dad is going crazy with that Ax and your Mom will end up aimlessly wandering around the scarier sections of the Hotel acting useless while you are running for your life in the frozen maze" or "watchout for that river of blood". Now really this was possibly useful information to Danny, but how many of us really listen to the strange inhabitants of our mouths? Danny listened but never really did much about it all, in fact, he could have really warned that poor old cook Dick Halloran that he was going to end up with the business end of that ax in his chest.

Oprah calls it listening to your inner voice. She from time to time has this show on dedicated to scaring the living crap out of you... usually about someone horrible ready to attack you or abduct you in broad daylight. She will usually have a few emotionally scarred people on the show telling the gory details of how someone tried to take them from their normal surroundings and have their way with them, hurt them or kill them. The stories are over the top and always have the life lesson "Listen to your inner voice".



I think animals have alot of intiution too. I sometimes come home after a long hard day,the kind of day that just sucks the life out of you or perhaps you have have a run in with someone especially evil... I come home and just seeing Isabelle sitting there by the door waiting for me or Gucci nosing me and then snuggling me when on most days these cats are aloof and on living in their solitary cat world. On those more emotionally charged days, my cats seem to sense that and are there for me to cuddle and kiss. Cats are intuitive creatures and know alot more than we think. I am not sure of the whole dog thing and perhaps if you have a dog and feel the same way you can respond with a post.

I remember once in high school there was this girl that was a typical Mean Girl. She was a cheerleader and dated only the top football guys and she had all the nicest clothes and she acted like she owned the entire school --- she was mean to those who were not as pretty or popular and she had alot of bad karma coming to her. She was walking down the stairs in front of me and for a brief moment I thought it would be karmic justice and kind of funny if she tumbled down those stairs and her skirt went over her head and everyone saw her bits and pieces. Well, in a split second that happened exactly as I described. I thought I made it happen and then felt a bit like Carrie burning down the school gym after the bucket of blood was dropped on her and her prom date.. the whole telekinesis thing... I have never forgotten that weird feeling of thinking I made that happen.

Maybe we have more power than we think in our thoughts and our minds. I have been very careful in my thoughts of a certain sailor however he should remain very afraid.....afterall we have no control over what we dream! Recently I remember dreaming about a boat sinking......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous story!
Deliciously engaging, delectably karmic. I love your witchy powers!!

I think we are so very familiar, Kimmykat. It is a Cancerian thing, I'm sure. I get a funny ringing in my ears, and a disturbing sense of foreboding, just before Something Happens. I can't explain it. I just know it. Being a mother exacerbates it too...

My little animals are very supportive of me and my Feelings...
Chi Chi is not entirely sure of her powers, but my black cat, Diablo, is thoroughly convinced of his. He is adorable and very much in love with me...we connect.
It is Karmic love.

As for Karma and that Other Man...
He deserves to go down with his ship although, being a rat, he will probably leap to safety well before that!!

I hope not. He deserves to drown for his ill treatment of you, you delectably dreamy, wonderfully witchy woman.

Blessed Be!!
And namaste xx

xoxoxo